18/03/2007

Graphics made by readers

I can't remember where I read that citizen journalism makes him as comfortable as a doctor hearing that someone decided to proceed to self-surgery. I'm not so radical, although I have my doubts on this system, I have to recognize that many times, are usual citizens who reaches what journalists don't. At lavozdegalicia.es (a spanish journal web) have taken advantage of it. In this graphic they denounce illegal garbage dumps on its region. You can see on it images, a list, their situation on the territory... And all made using citizen's denounces. New garbage dumps are added anytime a reader send an image or a commentary about it. Is there a better interactivity than one in which the readers make the graphic themselves?
I know it's not the first one, not the only one. But it's an example

ENLACES
- Garbage dumps graphic
- lavozdegalicia.es

No comments: