11/02/2010

What are you sending to Malofiej? (XVIII): Publico (Spain)


Álvaro Valiño will be one of the speakers of this Malofiej. He's the infographics Director of the spanish Público, and former colleague there (I worked at Publico until one year ago) and at La Voz de Galicia.


He's not alone. He has a superb tema with Miriam Baña, Mónica Serrano, Artur Galocha and Samuel Granados.



On the graphics published in Público, the most remarkable thing for me is how they dare to do new things. Not talking about the infographic formats (they also do it anyway) but, in a very political newspaper like this one, they dare with graphics about Poe's influences or the erotic level in the comics.



An example on how they work are the Frescogramas ('Freshgrams') you have below these lines. They were daily infographic columns in the summer magazine. The infographics team did the selection, research and graphics of each one of them. From how to choose a new sunglasses to the thermodynamics of such a spanish element as the 'botijo' (sorry, I couldn't find an english explanantion for this recipient that keep water fresh).



This is not the only multiple entry they are sending, they also have all these graphics they made for the european elections.


I can't be impartial because I'm talking about friends, but I think their works talk by themselves.




And tomorrow, the other Público, the portuguese one.






Share

1 comment:

generic propecia said...

Great site,this information really helped me , I really appreciate it.Thanks a lot for a bunch of good tips. I look forward to reading more on the topic in the future. Keep up the good work! This blog is going to be great resource. Love reading it.
nice tip