18/04/2008

Organizing information

'I'd love to work at the infographics department, but I' very bad drawing'
How many imes have we heard this from our colleagues at the newspaper? Me, a lot. And I always answer the same: drawing is useful, but it's not necessary. Myself draw not very well, not bad, but I can't call it as one of my skills. Bu I've neer needed it. The most important skill, in my opinion, is organizing information. And today, taking a look to the New York Times web I found a perfect ally to keep this idea:



Is a big article condensed, clarified, simplified. It takes the reader understand the information fast and easily. And I could bet that much more people have accesed the information that would have done it with a plain text and photo. And we just needed a simple diagram.

No comments: