02/05/2009

Bye Bye Portfolio... :(

Condé Nast edits magazines as Vogue, GQ, Wired, Vanity Fair, The New Yorker... But many of us had the name on our heads thanks to Condé Nast Traveler, where John Grimwade has done an incredible work as infographics director for so many years. John was also working on the launching of other magazine of the group, Portfolio, which is closing now.

This is, obviously no good news. Not just because of the people fired, I really liked the style of the online graphics (I didn't have the opportunity of taking a look to any print issue). They were easy to read, clear, with a good use of the visual impact...

This is not the first time I show this graphic on this blog...



And I've always loved the weekly Quiz...



Not eeverything was, in my opinion, high quality. There were some graphics that dind't have the 'class' that this magazine derserved. But there were not many...



I hope they don't quit the web, so I can still take an occasional glance to its great multimedia section.

No comments: